There’s something about summer that makes us want to wipe off the lawn furniture, pull out the bocce ball, and hangout with friends. Whether it’s a casual get-together with neighbors or a more structured dinner with your team, take the guessing out of what’s required of an amazing host.
We’ve put together a checklist of ideas for food, drinks, games, and more!
What to Eat
No matter the time of day, people always want to eat. This doesn’t mean you need to put out a full spread or an elaborate meal every time you have people over. However, it’s nice to offer up a few easy dishes that please even the pickiest eater.
- Something salty: As you sweat in the sun, it’s normal to crave something salty. We love the satisfying crunch and subtle spice of these XS™ Protein Crisps in Sriracha Lime flavor. Bonus—each serving contains 12 grams of high-quality pea protein.
- Something sweet: Watermelon wedges are always a summer crowd pleaser because they’re juicy, refreshing, and oh-so-tasty. Learn how to easily cut one into simple-to-grab strips, here.
- Something with veggies: We love a good veggie tray, and this platter elevates your offerings into the perfect party pleaser.
- Something with meat: For a more substantial appetizer, add a little protein. Check out this link for easy-to-make options, from meatballs, to sausage, to empanadas, to wings—oh my!
What to Drink
As summer heats up, it’s especially important that your guests stay hydrated and refreshed.
- Stock your coolers with plenty of water, so it’s readily available.
- Entertaining friends is also the perfect excuse to try out new drink concoctions. Explore our favorite mocktail and spritzer recipe, here.
- Give your guests an energizing, easy-to-grab sparkling option, too.
Prepare Your Space
Just as important as what you provide for your guests is the environment you create. You want people to feel comfortable, welcome, and ready to relax when they enter your space.
- Curate the perfect playlist to set the mood for a good time. Click here for fun summer favorites.
- Thoroughly clean your chairs and benches, especially near where you’ll be setting food. We love spraying everything down with this multipurpose cleaner.
- Ensure there is plenty of seating for everyone. This doesn’t have to be elaborate. Just a picnic blanket on the floor or a pillow on a bench works wonders.
- Set the mood and allow for socializing after dark by stringing lights along your patio or around seating areas.
- Snag easy-to-play yard games, such as cornhole and giant Jenga™ or connect four.
Now that the stage has been set, it’s time to party! Have a blast mingling with your guests as you enjoy tasty treats, refreshing drinks, fun games, and best of all, awesome conversation! We know you’ll enjoy getting to connect and forge closer friendships as you take advantage of all summer has to offer.
Hosting hangouts is a wonderful way to show other people you care about them. Learn other valuable tips for serving others, here.